Monday, March 29, 2010

Ideas for Thesis

One: Observe the "faces" in our objectified life
- To learn observe things in different aspects that the characters in the objectified life. As in step forward to stylize and characterize the observe, that the final outcome could be 3D model and other relate application from 2D to 3D, such as booklet, stationery, t-shirt and others might apply.

Two: How could emoticon use more effectively through digital communication
- To exploring ideas about how emoticons are being used and help communication without misunderstanding.
- Reason that I am interesting in this topic is that now days the common of text message, internet chat, and other digital based communication that get could easily get others emotion or not able to get the facial expression that might lead into misunderstanding.
- how emoticon are using in different country and region, such as North America and Asia (Japan and China)

Three: Ligature in Typography
- Since the long history of ligature in typography, but why it isn't used often or much in graphic design nowadays, that's because there isn't a really well designed set of ligature that often is customize for special needs. To exploring the background information about ligature and for the final outcome it could design a better sets of ligature.

Four: Topic for this idea, ummm..not sure what I should call
- from the pass few months I starting collect street transfers/subway transfers that I get every time and I have no idea what it will be the end result or come out, but possible to look up about the pattern of my lifestyle that through time/ spaces that each time the different transfer that I collect. When I line them up the length, colour, the time, information on the transfer are different, it creates some kinds of pattern. I am not sure what will be the end outcome. But I think I will keep this doing see what I will get out of it. Same as I being collecting sticker labels that from fruit that the amazing visual impact when so many little stickers were put together.

1 comment:

sarah said...

i sent you an email with comments.

try to use spell checker in a separate window. attention to detailed communication is very important.

Post a Comment